Sunday, June 6, 2010

Orange is the new Black

I'm obsessed with orange right now.  I never really thought about the color until recently.  I tried on a few dresses, grabbed an orange one just for the hell of it, and loved the results.

Now, despite the fact that I've been outside a bunch and it's just about summertime, my skintone is exactly the same: transparent white.  It really never changes.  The orange dress actually seemed to embrace my color and make me glow!  It's a flattering color for most skintones, and this spring and summer season, I'm seeing it all over the place.

The great thing is that orange comes in tons of different variations.  You can find a shade with a little pink in it, or even a little yellow, and find the perfect shade for you.

Here are a few of my fave orange pieces (in order from left to right, pictured above):

Heritage 1981's Summer Strollin' Dress (24.90): The dress is a great vibrant orange with a hint of red to it.  The cut is ultra flattering and utterly adorable.  Plus, how can you beat the price?!

Forever21's Flower Enamel Ring ($4.80): Cocktail rings are one of my many weaknesses.  This one is great for night or day and would be a great focal point of any outfit.

Target's Hollywood Intuition Nylon Crossbody
($14.99): Amazingly cute.  Check out the lining too.  If you aren't into crossbody bags (I'm not a fan myself), I like to knot the strap and make it shorter, thus creating a super cool shoulder bag instead.


Revlon's Nail Enamel in Hot Tamale ($4.79): Almost a coral-y hue, this color looks universally great on everyone.  Yes, everyone.  You can quote me on that.

So ladies, ditch your black frocks for now and orange-ify yourself!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved