Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gorgeous Maxi Dress from New York and Company

In past years, I haven't really been a fan of the whole maxi dress look.  I'm ridiculously short, and most long dresses tend to a.) be too long, and b.) make me look short and stumpy-ish.  But now,it seems like the maxi dress has been perfected and actually flatters all body types--including my petite 5'0" bod!  In fact, I've been finding that they even have the ability to make me look taller (huzzah!!).

This gorgey Tropical Paradise Maxi Dress from New York and Company really tickles my fancy.  The cut is super flattering.  It nips in just below the bust, accentuating the tiniest part of most women's bodies. From there, it gracefully flows to the ankle in neither a too-tight nor tent-esque fashion.  The fabric is a rayon/spandex blend, making the dress basically feel like the comfiest t-shirt you've ever owned.  And the print is perfect for spring!

Now I might be the tiniest bit biased.  I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but I've been working part-time at New York and Company for some extra cash (contrary to popular belief, blogging and freelance writing are not the best paying careers out there!)  That said, the store truly does offer up some fabulous fashion and I've been practically spending my entire paycheck there weekly. The prices are great and there are tons of pretty things to buy...probably too many!

This particular frock is on sale for $41.96.  Not bad for a dress you can wear for almost any occasion!  Dress it up with heels fora night out, or throw on some flip flops for a sunny beach day.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved