Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Fashion Faux Pas: Cat Pasties


Really? Is THIS what we've come to?!

I originally set out to write about cute cat fashion items because I've recently discovered that I don't hate cats (which is a huge surprise to anyone who knows me). Unfortunately, my search ended with the discovery of these Cat Face Pasties.

First of all, I am beyond disturbed by the picture. The spilled milk, the "sexy" look...and cute little cat faces covering nipples.

After reading the description, I was only more troubled:
These cat face shaped nipple pasties are a great present for any cat lover, be it yourself or someone else! The pasties are made from a leatherette backing which is covered with sequins. The cat's face is made with googly eyes and thread and can be created in black, white, brown or any other colour you feel like, just let me know.

These pasties measure 7cm across. Adhesive is not included however they can be held on with either body tape or simple double sided tape from any stationary shop.


Googly eyes?!?!! Am I crazy, or do people really want to wear googly-eyed pasties? Not only that, I love the fact that the adhesive isn't included. I feel like that's the whole point of pasties (though I am admittedly not an expert)--aren't they specifically made to be ready to stick on your knockers?

So okay, maybe there's a classy way to wear these things. Maybe a dress that's a tiny bit low-cut and a cat pokes out with it's little googly eyes...wait, no. That's still f-ing creepy.

The cat pasties are about $20, as are most of the designer's other pasties. To be fair, not all of her designs are as creepy...but I will never wear googly-eyed cat faces over my nipples.

That is all.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved