Saturday, December 27, 2008
The Glamour To Go 2 Pocket Palette by Too Faced has everything you need for beauty touch ups on the go. The set includes 8 universally flattering eye shadows, 4 lip glosses, and a shimmery blush.
The best part? The whole palette folds up and is about the size of a credit card. Not bad, if I do say so myself. It retails for $19.50, which is quite a steal for such gorgey products!
Posted by Alana Burr at 9:01 PM
They are absorbent fabric patches that you attach to the inside seam of pants, jeans or tights. They act as a replacement to underwear and leave no panty lines or uncomfortable chafing (the pads are incredibly soft, you hardly notice them at all). It's almost like attaching a pantyliner to the inside of your jeans, minus the uncomfortableness. They also stay in place quite well, whereas a pantyliner won't. They even come in organic cotton.
Unfortunately, there is a downside. Cost-wise, they're a steep $16 - $18 for a package of 8.
Posted by Alana Burr at 1:29 PM
1) Does Chocolate Cause Acne? NO. Extensive research shows this is simply not true.
2) Are Organic or Natural Products Better for Skin? Not always! Many organic skincare products have a short shelf life and can harm skin if the product is expired. Other organic products are made from fruits which can irritate skin and cause allergies.
3) Should Concealer Be Lighter Than Your Skin Tone? Don't buy concealer that's a shade or two lighter than your skin tone or you may end up with that lovely "reverse raccoon" look. Not attractive.
4) Can You Use a Body Lotion on Your Face? No. Lotion formulated for the body can be drying or can irritate the more sensitive skin on your face. Your body's skin is thicker and tougher than the skin on your face so companies can get away with putting fragrances and cheaper ingredients in a body lotion.
5) Is It Unsanitary to Use His Razor? Not at all. Go ahead, raid his bathroom cabinet if you're in a pinch.
6) Best Way to Spritz Perfume: Spray First, Then Walk Into the Mist? This is actually NOT the best way to apply perfume. Walking into the mist means you're coating your clothes with fragrance and not yourself! Since fragrance is formulated to work with the heat of your body, it's best to apply perfume to pulse points -- wrists, back of the knees, the base of the throat and just behind the earlobes.
7) Never, Ever Tweeze Above the Brow. This is tricky because many women try doing this themselves. PLEASE, for the love of God, pay a professional to do this for you! You will look more polished and great eyebrows really help frame the face.
8) She Did Your Makeup, Are You Obligated to Buy Everything? We've all been there--who doesn't love a complimentary makeover at a beauty counter? Consider how much time you took up of the salesperson. If you asked for a consult and took up a lot of her time asking questions and for more makeup, then you should consider buying something as a courtesy. But if she nabbed you to try a liner or lipstick and you didn't like it, thank her and move on.
9) Toner is a Must for Any Skincare Regimen. False. Why? These days, cleansers do a good enough job removing excess oils and dirt from skin, you don't need an added astringent. Plus, toners can be drying to skin so the only people who would benefit from an astringent are those who suffer from extremely oily skin.
10) Can You Prevent Stretch Marks With Lotion? Not really. Sorry, ladies! Stretch marks are caused by weight gain or weight loss. The best thing to do is apply some self tanner to camouflage and hope for the best!
Posted by Alana Burr at 1:04 PM
I LOVE gift sets from department stores. I'm a huge sucker for miniature sized products, be they makeup, skincare products, or anything in between. And now what Christmas is over, I think it's just about time to treat myself to a gorgey gift bag full of goodies.
Clinique has a new divine bag filled to the brim with their most popular products. The "Pick your Pretty" gift sets come in two different collections: Pink Perfection and Plum Sensation.
Each kit contains:
-Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, 1.7 oz
-7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula, 1.7 oz
-High Impact Mascara in Black, .17 oz
Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss, .17 oz
-Exclusive Colour Surge Eyeshadow QuadBlushing
-Blush Powder Blush with brush
-Clinique Hair Brush
Again, the colors do vary depending on which collection you choose. So here's the deal: the 8-piece collections are $32.50 with a purchase of $25 or more. Not to shabby, considering that the products on their own cost a steep $84!
The promotion is going on while supplies last--but I'm sure they'll be flying off the shelves, so get yourself over to your local Clinique counter stat!!!
Posted by Alana Burr at 12:48 PM
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Hooray for free stuff!
Posted by Alana Burr at 12:28 AM
The gloss is intuitive--it seems to have a mind of its own. When first applied, it goes on clear. After a couple minutes, you have your perfect lip gloss in your very own perfect pink!
Because I am super fair-skinned (read: transparently white), I generally cannot wear lip gloss that supposedly works for every skin tone. This gloss is much different. On me, the shade ended up being a very sheer raspberry pink. This is great to wear on its own, or to layer on top of your fave lipstick.
The gloss retails for $22 and lasts for a while; definitely worth the price. Enjoy!
Posted by Alana Burr at 12:16 AM
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ▼ December (6)