We've all done it. Sometimes, washing your face can seem like such a huge step when you're ridiculously tired. But, it's horrible for your skin and is simply gross. I found a few tips on how to fix your beauty sin post sleeping. Just because I found these, doesn't mean you can keep sleeping with makeup on! Never do it again. Ever.
- Wash your face twice, and use a soft washcloth to be sure to manually (but gently) exfoliate your skin.
- You must absolutely use an eye makeup remover that has no chance of further irritating your eyes, and get every last trace and fleck of makeup off and out of your eyes.
- Use lubricating eye drops (not Visine-like products) to soothe your eyes (this really helps!). The Refresh brand is fab !
- Go over your face with a well formulated toner to add antioxidants to your skin and remove last traces of makeup from your face, particularly around the hairline.
- If breakouts or blackheads are a concern, it is essential that exfoliate.
- If you can grab a minute, lie down with your head elevated and place a cloth-wrapped ice pack over your eyes (it will feel great and reduce puffiness and swelling).
- Apply a lightweight, gel-textured moisturizer or serum on your face and, if needed, a more emollient moisturizer around your eyes.
- If you can wear a lighter makeup than you did the day before you fell asleep with your makeup on, that would help a lot.
[Tip: Paula's Choice]