I can't even believe that there are people in the world who think that harem pants are socially acceptable. Unfortunately, the powers that be have decided that these hideous pants will be a style staple for Fall.
Pictured, is one particular pair that I find offensive and just plain ugly. Free People Clothing is selling them for $98. Which makes sense when you read all of the great qualities of the pants: "Metallic knit harem pants. Elastic pull on waistband and banded bottom hem."
First of all, the harem shape is not flattering on any figure. Even the model pictured looks like she has huge hips and a bit of a tummy issue, and she is obviously a skinny gal! The pants are very fitted at the natural waist (higher than most pants), drastically poofs out, and then tightens again at the ankles. The metallic finish also exaggerates the look. Basically this just ads bulk in all the real trouble areas for most women.
Furthermore, no one should ever wear elastic pants! Perhaps when you're in your 80s, they might be an okay choice. Until then, it's a good idea to avoid any pair of pants that comes in Small,Medium, and Large.
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Designer Shades for $9!
- Matte About You
- Get Pink'd!
- #1 Fashion Faux Pas: The Man Purse
- Best Fix for Oily Hair Days!
- Fabbity Fabulous Makeup Bags!
- Seeing Green?
- Defrizz your hair for $4!
- Bag Boo-Boo: Vera Bradley Handbags
- Did You Know....
- SNEEK PEEK: MAC's Fall 2009 Dazzleglass Creams Col...
- Write with Lipstick!
- Orange You Glad You Tried Orange Nail Polish?
- A Little Black Dress with Some Flair
- Fashion Faux Pas: Men in Pink
- A Plumper For Your Seductive Pucker...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Harem Pants
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2008 (69)