This Fall, matte nail polish is going to be big. A bunch of companies are taking advantage of this by releasing tons of matte shades (mostly just a few of their old shades with a matte finish). Honestly, buying them is a waste of money. The trend is cute, but it will pass before you finish the bottle. Also, most of the new polishes specifically state that the color will not last as long as their glossy counterpart. This is mainly because of the fact that you cannot wear a topcoat with the matte hues since topcoats are generally shiny (thus defeating the purpose of beginning with a matte finish).
Essie has come out with a great product, Matte About You. It's basically a topcoat that instantly gives any nail polish you may currently have a matte finish. For $10, I say grab a bottle of the stuff. It'll definitely last you through the trend.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Designer Shades for $9!
- Matte About You
- Get Pink'd!
- #1 Fashion Faux Pas: The Man Purse
- Best Fix for Oily Hair Days!
- Fabbity Fabulous Makeup Bags!
- Seeing Green?
- Defrizz your hair for $4!
- Bag Boo-Boo: Vera Bradley Handbags
- Did You Know....
- SNEEK PEEK: MAC's Fall 2009 Dazzleglass Creams Col...
- Write with Lipstick!
- Orange You Glad You Tried Orange Nail Polish?
- A Little Black Dress with Some Flair
- Fashion Faux Pas: Men in Pink
- A Plumper For Your Seductive Pucker...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Harem Pants
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2008 (69)