Okay, I have to get this off my chest. I hate Vera Bradley bags with a passion. I have spent time studying them, selling them, and even (during a severe lapse of judgment) bought them.
UrbanDictionary.com defines Vera Bradley bags as a brand of ugly, pillowish, overpriced bags. That pretty much sums it up. No matter how great your outfit may be, pairing it with one of these grandma bags immediately makes you look as if you have no fashion sense at all.
On a more light-hearted appeal, I would also not be able to take myself seriously, if I carried a bag named either Sherry, Libby, Betsey, [Insert name here]-y, or “Tic-Tac-Tote”. I must admit though that all fashion is situational. In the case that one does own a yacht or “summers” anywhere, perhaps this is the trend for him or her. However, if you are not one of these individuals, and you still crave the preppy look, I would do Kate Spade or Ralph Lauren Polo in tiny doses and let Vera Bradley rest in peace.
That is all.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Designer Shades for $9!
- Matte About You
- Get Pink'd!
- #1 Fashion Faux Pas: The Man Purse
- Best Fix for Oily Hair Days!
- Fabbity Fabulous Makeup Bags!
- Seeing Green?
- Defrizz your hair for $4!
- Bag Boo-Boo: Vera Bradley Handbags
- Did You Know....
- SNEEK PEEK: MAC's Fall 2009 Dazzleglass Creams Col...
- Write with Lipstick!
- Orange You Glad You Tried Orange Nail Polish?
- A Little Black Dress with Some Flair
- Fashion Faux Pas: Men in Pink
- A Plumper For Your Seductive Pucker...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Harem Pants
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2008 (69)