Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Harem Pants (AGAIN!!???!!)

You've GOT to be kidding me.

While researching for a freelance piece about fall trends, I came upon this lovely pair of pants.

For those who don't recall, I've already written on my hate of harem pants and, quite honestly, thought that they'd tapered off (pun intended) for another thousand years.

Nope. Apparently the fashion gods have declared that it's still fashionable to look like you have skinny little ankles, a huge ass and what I call, "child-bearing" hips.

These are the least flattering pants I have seen in my entire life. How can anyone look at these and say to themselves, 'hmm these would look fab with that new top I picked up' ? I have no idea, but that's what seems to be going on.

Let's list out the problems, shall we?
  • The crotch is about a foot lower than need be, which creates not only a weird elongated-crotch look, but also makes the stomach look huge.
  • The cut of the hips and general bulkiness at the top (which isn't helped by the fact that two ridiculously large pockets are on either size) would make Kate Moss look fat.
  • The tapered off ankle that these hideous pants end with greatly contrast with the bulkiness of the rest of the pants, making everything else look even larger.
There are so many other problems, but I'm just too shocked and saddened to list anymore.

Unless you want to look as if you're wearing a full diaper (not helped by the lovely color), these pants aren't for you.

Let's just say that I don't recommend anyone wearing these ever and if I find out that someone has, I will track them down and beat them mercilessly.

If you're willing to take that risk, you can get these "fashionable" pants at Top Shop for $80.  Ahhhh! I hate them so much!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved