Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bogus Beauty Buy: Clarins Makeup Mist

Don't get me wrong--Clarins has oodles of great products. But their Fix' Make Up Refreshing Mist simply isn't one of them.

Claim:A refreshing mist that sets make-up and prolongs its hold, while providing a feeling of instant freshness and well-being. Also provides continuous hydration and comfort.”

I couldn't believe it when I read this! First of all, the claim doesn't even make sense. It is designed as a spray-on mist to set your makeup, but doesn't do anything like that.  All it does is make skin feel damp and slightly sticky (ew).

It contains nothing that enhances makeup wear; in fact, using too much of this stuff can lead to makeup meltdown or streaking. Not to mention, what I like to call the "barbie" look--plastic and shiny...and totally disgusting. Plus the fragrance from both synthetic and plant extracts are WAY over the top and made me puke all over the place.


On the other hand, if you want to throw your money away, get a bottle for $25.50. Or give it to me so I can buy more lip gloss.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved