Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CVS is my Guilty Pleasure

I. Love. CVS.

Near my apartment, there is conveniently a 24-hour CVS that I constantly go to even if I don't need anything just because they have the best beauty section...plus sales on chocolate. But today I made a great discovery: CVS has a clearance section.

I know, I know...most places do and I'm stupid not to have found it. But the section is no where near the regular makeup--it is hidden away by the tampon section!! There was a whole shelf of beauty goods that were 50% off and I almost peed myself with delight. I bought some mascara, eye shadow, and a fun little manicure kit for practically nothing. But still--don't tell my boyfriend. Hahaha. Seriously.

It almost made it better for me that the clearance shelves were hidden because there was still such good makeup to choose from. You know how in other stores there is only crappy dark brown lipstick and neon green nail polish? Well, not in this case. I had to restrain myself, but I know I'm going to go back later this week and check to see if anything new got added. Oh CVS. How I love thee.

The moral to the story is this: Don't overpay for beauty goods. I've been known to splurge more than a few times at Sephora and Department stores, which is fine every once in a while, but bargain hunting is the best. Most high end makeup brands (Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder) also own drugstore brands. I believe that Lancome owns Loreal and there is a great mascara out there that is the exact same formula as a popular Lancome one, just packaged differently.

Anyway, this lesson is getting rather lengthy. But take the time to look for sales. It can literally be a scavenger hunt sometimes, and today just proved it.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved