Monday, August 27, 2007

My Obsession with Markers

So today I was at work (in my boring office) and I suddenly noticed that all my eye makeup was smudged--my liquid liner was chipping off and it looked awful.

Usually I carry a little makeup compact with everything I need for this type of thing (eye shadows, blush, eye liner, mascara, concealer...) but today was the one day I forgot.

I ended up washing my face just because I looked too hideous with big pieces of liner missing (and it was impossible to blend!). So, I searched through my office trying to find something that would work as eye makeup. The end result? A non-toxic marker. I found a great black one and just drew a thick line on my lid. In all actuality, it was way easier to use than any of the liquid eye liners I've tried so far. Plus it is non toxic and as long as you don't actually stick the marker in your eye nothing bad will come from it.

A thick line above the lash line is so in for this Fall. It's dramatic enough for nighttime, but even for the day it looks fab.

That said, I actually stole the marker from work and I might just add it to my routine! So now I have a marker for eye liner AND for a lip stain (as I wrote about in my Sharpie post). Hooray!

For those of you who are too scared to try the whole marker thing (I don't blame you) Covergirl has a great liquid liner that acts almost like a marker. Give it a go, you foxy ladies!

(again, from a post I did for herfablife.com)

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved