Hair Tinsel. I even witnessed a woman at a formal event sporting about 50 strands of cheap silver hair tinsel--she looked like a disco ball, and like she was ready for a rave. And she was over 40 years old.
Don't get me wrong, I love fun hair ideas. When used in small amounts, hair tinsel or glitter can make your strands look fabulous.
The problem is that people try it out, fall in love with it, and add tons more (because obviously more is better...NOT).
Even when used properly, I'd say that it's a look for ladies in their 20s and 30s. If you're older than that, you just look weird--like you went to Claire's and stocked up on hair doodads to make yourself look younger. It simply doesn't work.
Here's an example of hair tinsel that looks fantastic:
I'd actually leave out a few of the strands, but for the most part, Beyonce knows what she's doing and looks great.
So if you're thinking about trying out this hair trend, please avoid looking like a glitter bomb just exploded all over your head. You will look like an idiot.
That is all.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Get Fab Curls with Ouidad!
- Bath & Body Works Paris Amour Tote GWP
- Want Gorgey Skin? Try Vapour Organic Beauty!
- Socks With Some Flair!
- Body Blunder: the "Tightens Vagina Expert"
- Jackie's Corner: Swimming in Retro Style
- Victoria's Secret's Perfect Smoky Eye Products
- Gorgey Clinique Gift With Purchase
- Horrible Hair Decision: WAY Too Much Hair Bling
- I Heart Nail Tattoos!
- Fab Convertible Dress
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)