Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fashion Faux Pas: Jumpsuits (AGAIN!!)

Apparently, my previous posts about rompers and jumpsuits have had no impact on the fashion world.

Target is selling this horrendous Ankle Length Jumpsuit in a color accurately named Mud Hut.  Sounds lovely, right? It is quite possibly the worst fashion item I've seen in my entire life.  This particular piece is actually from Target's designer series, and is designed by Calypso (which usually creates gorgeous garments).

Now I've already listed out the reasons why I hate rompers and jumpsuits in the past, but I'll reiterate my concerns.  The main reason that I hate them is that they are unflattering on everyone in the world.  Honestly.  Even the model doesn't look good in this!  The way that it's cut simply makes everyone look about 10 lbs heavier.  Unless you want your new nickname to be "thunder thighs", I'd steer clear.

My other issue is that there is no way a one piece suit can fit all body types.  Women come in all shapes and sizes--it's just impossible for there to be a one-piece outfit (other than a dress) that works for everyone.

Sigh.  This battle is getting ridiculous.  If for some reason, you feel the need to look like an idiot, each jumpsuit is about $40.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved