Sunday, March 7, 2010
Fashion Faux Pas: Rompers
I do not understand this trend at all. It irritates me to no end.
First and foremost, they're simply ugly. It's like wearing an unflattering sack dress that nips in at the bottom to reveal some sort of ridiculous pantaloon-esque shorts. Basically, this is taking the sack dress and making it even uglier and less flattering (which I had no idea was even possible).
Let's take a look at the above image, shall we? The model is gorgeous. But even she, with her awesome figure, appears to have a huge bum and, what I like to call, thunder thighs. The front also makes her look larger than I'm sure she is.
Another problem I have is the sizing. One-piece outfits (other than dresses) are difficult to wear. Since each body is different, there is no way that a piece of clothing like this is going to fit everyone. People who are short-waisted, like me, end up with a much too long garment, where are as women with the opposite problem find themselves with a constant wedgie. Neither outcome is good.
A major rule I live by is that if even a model looks horrible in something, then normal people like us will look like hideous monsters.
Let's start wearing adult clothing and leave the rompers for babies.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- An Encyclopedia for People Who Hate to Read...and ...
- Beauty for a Cause: in Lip Gloss Form!!
- When Makeup Goes Bad
- Smell Good and Look Fab with this Solid Perfume Ri...
- It's Almost Spring--Grab a Pretty Floral Dress (fo...
- 3D Holographic Nail Polish?
- Fashion Faux Pas: Wearing Pajamas in Public
- Style on a Budget: Gorgey Tote for $15!
- The Fashion PR Scoop with Nadia: Planning a Fashio...
- The Beauty Beat with Eb: Charleston Fashion Week 2...
- Curations New Spring Collection (and a GIVEAWAY!!!...
- I Adore L' Amour!
- My New Anti-Frizz Hero: Oribe Imperméable Spray
- My Latest Obsession: OPI's Pink Collection
- H&M's New Garden Collection: Recycled Materials Ga...
- Chanel Launches Temporary Tattoos
- Natalie Chapman GIVEAWAY!!!
- My New Fave Lip Stain: ...Sharpies?
- Fashion Babble: Q&A sesh with Nadia Murdock
- Smellin' Pretty: Chloé Eau de Toilette
- Fashion Faux Pas: Rompers
- The Beauty Beat with Eb: Getting the Most out of ...
- Spring-ify Your Nails: Nicole By OPI's New Spring...
- Sassy Fashionista has a Facebook Group!
- Look at Those Melons!!
- I've Got a Golden Ticket (And It's Actually a Purs...
- Pimping Myself Out a Little...
- I'm Giving You The Gift Of Frizzless Hair!!
- Read My Lip...stick
- ▼ March (30)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)