Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fashion Babble: Q&A sesh with Nadia Murdock

Nadia Murdock, owner of Manchester Public Relations, is a unique gal who takes fashion PR to a whole new level.  Not only is she great with her clients, she's also a bit of a fashionista herself.  I had a chance to ask her a few questions about her career and love of fashion.

Sassy Fashionista: What inspired you to go into Fashion-based Public Relations?

Nadia Murdock: Since I can remember I have always been fascinated with fashion and making a statement through clothing. My mother firmly believes whether you are going to the grocery store or getting dressed for a formal occasion always look your best. That piece of advice stuck with me throughout the years which eventually became a passion. My public relations experience in the past has ranged from healthcare to entertainment but I found true enjoyment when I started doing fashion PR.

SF: How long have you been working in the field? 
NM: I have been doing fashion PR for about three years now. I officially launched my company’s website, Manchester Public Relations, in January 2010.

SF: What's the best part of your job? 
NM: I really love the gratifying feeling I get when I am able to make the world aware of my clients' designs and work. I only represent clients that I truly believe in, which makes my job not only easier but a whole lot of fun.

SF: Since you're quite the fashionista yourself, what are the top three accessories you think each gal should have this season?
NM: I have always been drawn to gold hoop earrings; I think they can really transform an outfit. My client Jennifer Shon sells a great pair of hoops that can be used daily or for a night out. Men’s watches are great! Whether the watch is gold, silver or a leather band, I adore them all. Lastly, scarves are really cute and ideal especially with spring around the corner. I like to tie them on my handbag or wear them in my hair it all depends.

SF: What beauty items do you have with you at all times? 
NM: Chap stick, comb, bobby pins, rice paper (blotting tissues), lip gloss and perfume.

SF: What projects are you working on now?
NM: I am currently working on my website; I wanted to add a blog component so the public could become more familiar with Manchester Public Relations. I have enjoyed working on my blog and will continue with my one on one interview series that is posted every Monday. I have also been working on a publicity campaign for my client Ebony Looney of Make Me Over Eb. This spring she will debut her web series and will be providing live backstage footage of Charleston Fashion Week for her blog this month. 


Be on the lookout for some guest posts from this fabulous lady about the ins and outs of fashion PR!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved