Thursday, January 18, 2018

Fashion Faux Pas: Designer Crocs (Yes, Really)!

I can't believe how many times I've written about my hatred of Crocs. Yet somehow, they keep popping up. The latest being on various Spring 2018 runway shows, all blinged out.

The main offender? Balenciaga sent Crocs down the runway with its own high-fashion spin on the gardening shoe: adding a super-high platform and some “Balenciaga” charms. Needless to say, no amount of bling can hide the ugliness of these shoes.

Crazily enough, Balenciaga wasn’t the only brand to embrace the hideous plastic clunker: UK designer Christopher Kane offered a crystal-encrusted version, while Maison Margiela sold a $1,200 studded one.

SERIOUSLY?!??!

I don't even have the adequate words to describe how horrified I am. This is ridiculous!

If you've got a minute, do a search on this blog for "Crocs", and you'll easily see how much I hate them in general. But designer Crocs?! It sounds like a joke. I can't imagine designers thinking that bedazzled, ugly shoes would help sell their garments. And then to sell them for over $1,000?! WHAT??! I wouldn't spend that amount on gorgeous shoes, let alone purchase one of these offensive pairs for that price.

Can we just all agree that Crocs are over? I can't go on with these hideous shoes in the world!

That is all.



[Image: New York Post]

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved