Saturday, February 9, 2013
Beauty Boo-Boo: Ombre Hair
The idea is that you actually go to a hair salon and ask for a darker color closer to your roots, and a lighter color near the ends.
Am I crazy, or is that a complete waste of a hair appointment??!
The result is just looking like you haven't had your hair done in forever and your roots are coming in. Not attractive. Especially when it's as drastic as brown and blonde.
This basically screams to the world, "oh I haven’t been to a hairstylist in 4 months". It’s messy, not esthetically pleasing, and looks lazy.
Another thing to keep in mind: Changing your hair color is a fun thing to do, but remember it’s also damaging to your hair. The most fragile part of our hair is the ends, so just bleaching the ends to achieve this ombre look is not only silly in the long-run, but probably not the best for your hair in the short-run.
I absolutely hate when ridiculous trends like this take center stage. The worst part is that people pay a ton of money to look like this, when really, you can do it for free!! Just grow your hair out!
A stupid trend like this isn't bound to last very long. But for every person I see sporting the look, I will die a little bit inside.
A closing thought? Being fashionable is not about mindlessly following every trend that comes out. It’s being able to differentiate the difference between the good trends and the bad trends.
That is all.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- Ombré Nails Made Easy
- Lip Stain and Gloss in One!
- The Top Trends for Spring 2013
- Estee Lauder Gift With Purchase
- Happy Anniversary to My Fabulous Parents!
- Get the Right Purse for Your Purse-inality!
- TWO FAB FRAGRANCE GIVEAWAYS!!!
- The Alana Necklace
- Mint Shoes!
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Cult Beauty Products That are Worth the Hype
- Lancôme Gift With Purchase!
- Stumped on What to Get Your Guy? Try a Matching Th...
- Know Someone With a Heart of Gold?
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Ombre Hair
- New Makeup Brand Love: Flower Beauty
- Yes to Cucumbers V-Day GIVEAWAY!
- What I Love About You!
- Keri Russell's Perfect Pout at Sundance
- The Prettiest Dress for V-Day--Under $25!
- Tips for Your Lips!
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)