Here are a few tips for maintaining pretty pucker:
- Before going to bed, clean your lips with a damp cotton puffy. You can use plain water, or makeup remover, depending on what works best for you.
- Use some oil and massage your lips very gently for five to ten minutes daily. It will improve blood circulation and make your lips look supper pretty and much healthier. This is great to do before you go to bed. You'll wake up in the morning with super soft lips.
- When you're going out, put some good quality lipstick on. Not only will your lips look fab, but as a bonus, lipstick offers protection for your lips against the damaging effects of the environment. A great excuse to buy some of the latest lipstick!
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids during the whole day to keep your skin well-hydrated. When your body is properly hydrated your lips will remain moisturized automatically.
- To get rid of the dead skin cells on your lips take a dry washcloth gently rub it over top of your lips. Since lips are sensitive, this is a really great alternative to a harsh scrub. You can also use a soft toothbrush.
- Always apply a lip balm that has sunscreen in it before putting on your lipstick. This will help your lipstick last longer and your lips will remain well moisturized. Win-win!!
- Stop licking your lips!!!This habit can make the lips even drier and it will remove all moisture from your lips. A definite no-no.
- Do not make the mistake of peeling off the skin of chapped and dry lips. I know it can be tempting, and I'm guilty of doing this, but it's crazily bad for your lips. The skin on your lips is very delicate, so rather than pick at it, apply cream or petroleum jelly to make the skin soft and then with the help of a damp cotton puffy remove the dry skin from your lips gently.
Follow these tips and enjoy having fabulously gorgeous lips that are just waiting for a make-out sesh!