Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beauty Boo-Boo: Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips

Okay, so I've been following the beauty blogs and a lot of people actually like these Nail Polish Strips by Sally Hansen.  But I've got to be honest here.  I absolutely hate them.

I was really excited when I originally found them and couldn't wait to try them out! I went for a retro flower print, which looked adorable on the box.

Once I actually tried putting the nail strips on (following all of the directions very carefully), I found that they literally looked like stickers on my nails. And they peeled off immediately. The quality was horrible. I was so disappointed! I'm usually a huge fan of all Sally Hansen products, so I really thought these would be incredible.  And after reading some of my other fave beauty blogs, I'm a bit confused.  Maybe my nails aren't great or strong enough for the strips, but I really don't think that's the case.

For $10, you get enough strips to do one manicure.  For that price, you could basically go to a salon and get a real manicure, which I'd much prefer.  I do love all the patterns and hate that the strips actually are this awful!

My suggestion?  Save your $10 and buy something worthwhile like OPI's new Black Shatter polish (available at most drugstores and salons for around $8).  The look is much more fabulous and doesn't look like children's stickers. Plus it lasts virtually forever.

You've been warned.  That is all.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved