Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fashion Faux Pas: Men's "Ex-Girlfriend" Jeans

Hmm...I'm not quite sure where to begin with this.  Levi's has come out with a new range of mens' jeans that are supposedly the equivalent of women's "boyfriend jeans". Basically something that looks like it belongs to a member of the opposite sex, but it a good way.  There are some decent pairs of boyfriend jeans out there, so I won't knock that look.

Unfortunately, the idea doesn't really work both ways. Levi's new Ex-Girlfriend jeans are undoubtedly the most hideous pair of pants I've seen in a while.

I mean, COME ON! Just look at them! No man should wear pants that tight, ever.  And I'm sorry that it's a double standard, but unlike women, men can't just grab a pair of their lady friend's skinny jeans and run out to the store for a sec, like we can with our man's pants.  Even that is pushing it, frankly.

These jeans are described as follows: Remember the girlfriend with the great style? Here's a tribute to her -- a fit that's super-snug allover, an update of the five-pocket classic that's as skinny as it gets.

I don't know about you ladies, but none of that sounds acceptable to me for a straight, normal man. The pants aren't flattering and could practically pass off as leggings.  You could possibly wear them for a role in a ballet recital. If my fiance ever came home with these, or even brought them up as an idea, I would cancel the wedding. That's how strongly I hate these pants.

Luckily, my main squeeze isn't a huge loser, so I think I'm in the clear.

But if for some ungodly reason you want a pair (they actually might be cute on girls), each pair is about $70.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved