Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Much as I hate them, I can understand certain women wearing muumuus on occasion. An older lady (like my fabulous Great Aunt Alma, who wears brightly patterned ones as comfy nightgowns), a pregnant gal, and of course anyone who is extremely overweight and just wants ANYTHING to fit has my permission to go forth with it.
That said, no one else should be caught wearing something like this. Sadly, one of my fave stores, Forever21, has a High-Slit Tunic dress just in time for spring.
I have so many problems with this. First of all, the "tunic" (which I'm just going to start referring to as a muumuu or dress since that's what it is), honestly looks like a shapeless tent of fabric. Possibly made from some ugly curtains. Because it has no shape whatsoever, the dress just hangs there and doesn't flatter ANY body type. Even the gorgeous model can't pull off the look! My number one rule when it comes to fashion is that if the model looks like crap, chances are you'll look ten times worse.
Since the cut isn't doing any favors, you'd think that at the very least the length would be spot on. But no! The dress is simply cut off right in between the knee and the ankle. Anything that length makes almost everyone look shorter, as it cuts the line of the leg right in the middle of the shin.
The only thing the muumuu's got going for it is the price. Each one is under $30 (and rightfully so!)
Regardless of the "great deal", I swear that if I ever see anyone wearing such a garment in public I will probably get extremely violent and then puke all over your precious dress. Just a little warning.
That is all.
- ► 2016 (11)
- Fashion Faux Pas: Bringing Back the Fanny Pack
- Fab Clinique GWP at Macy's!
- Bikini Luxe Necklace GIVEAWAY!
- This Just In: I'm Sick!
- The Perfect Beauty Boxes for All Makeup Lovers
- Got the Winter Blues? Throw on a Colorful Scarf!
- Fashion Faux Pas: This "Tunic Maxi Dress" Looks an...
- Get Your Skin Back to Gorgeous with InstaNatural!
- Fab Lancôme GWP Just in Time for Spring!
- I FINALLY Jumped on the Curling Wand Bandwagon!
- Leopard Print + a Pink Studded Bow = ONE AMAZING H...
- How to Look 10 Years Younger
- The Search For The Perfect Ballet Flat is Official...
- ▼ March (13)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)