Monday, June 17, 2013
Here are a few tips on how to spend less time getting ready in the a.m. while still looking gorgeous:
1. Multi-task with blush
After sweeping blush on your cheeks, brush a tad into the creases of your eyes. A little bit of color harmonizes your overall look and wakes up your eyes as well. Try Tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Glisten.
2. Use concealer in a pinch
Covering up any discoloration on your skin will help polish your look. Use concealer in the spots where we all need it most--under the eyes, at the outside corners of the eyes, around the nostrils of the nose, and on any spots you may have on the face. I like using L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer. It provides full coverage without looking cakey or leaving creases.
3. Make bronzer a must-have
Bronzer is the quickest way to add a glowing, healthy sheen to your look. If you only use one skin product, this should be it! Repurpose it as blush and/or eye shadow, and use it to contour your cheekbones. To mimic a natural tan, choose a bronzer with a golden undertone, rather than the orange hue that is commonly found in products. Try ELF Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder.
4. Invest in a double-duty tinted lip balm
Tinted lip balms are fantastic. They moisturize and add just a hint of color to the lips. Dab a bit of the sheer, creamy color onto the apples of your checks as well. I love Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate.
5. Never underestimate the power of dry shampoo
I do not recommend washing your hair every day unless you want to strip hair of its moisture. Personally, I only wash my hair a few times a week. In between washings, I like to use dry shampoo to get rid of any greasiness that might have built up. I can usually get an extra day or so out of my hair this way. A tip? Apply it the night before if you know that you're not washing your hair the following day. That really allows the product to set in. Batiste Dry Shampoo gets the job done.
Give the ideas a try and notice how much time you shave off your morning routine!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- Where’s my Chauffeur?
- A Necklace That REALLY Makes a Statement!
- Surprise!! It's a Fashionable Lunch Tote!
- Happy National Pink Day!
- My Fabulous Gemvara Creation
- Kiss My Face Peace Soap (and a GIVEAWAY!!!)
- Morning Beauty Routine Time Savers
- Perfectly Patterned Paisley Dress
- Ouidad's New Color Sense Collection
- How to Apply False Eyelashes
- Lip Balm + Lip Gloss = My New Best Friend!
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Fanny Pack...is Back?
- Life's a Peach!
- Rainbow Honey Goes FAB For Summer!
- Happy Birthday to My Favorite Sister!
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)