Thursday, December 17, 2009

6-in-1 Beauty Product? Sounds Too Good to Be True...


I've been seeing lots of ads for this Mistura 6-in-1 Beauty Solution.  I'm not quite sure what to make of it.  The makers claim that this stuff replaces six different steps in your daily routine:  foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, lip color and eye shadow. It comes in one shade and adapts to individual skin tones.

Okay. First of all, I'm a little concerned about the fact that this is to be used as blush, bronzer, eyeshadow and lip color. I get wearing it as powder/foundation, because it is skin-colored.  But please explain to me how something the same color as your foundation is going to work as a bronzer?  I also feel like the lip color idea is ridiculous.  Yes, nude lips can look alright sometimes, but with most nude lip hues, there's a bit of pink or gold and it's super sheer so it doesn't wash you out.  Covering every tiny piece of your face in this will most certainly make anyone's face look washed out, rounder and just less interesting. 

Another thing that bugs me is the color.  I don't care how much a hue can "adapt"--makeup isn't magical.  I'd say it can change a little, but basically, it's going to be in the same color range.  This looks like a medium tone, so fair skin and dark skin would have a difficult time getting their face to match the rest of them.

If you've got medium-toned skin and are just looking for a good powder foundation, I say give it a try.  But I wouldn't throw away all your other makeup yet.

The set is $56.  That's more expensive than most high-end foundations.  For us frugal fashionistas, Maybelline has a powder foundation almost identical to this one for $7. And it comes in eight different colors, just in case all the people in the world don't have the exact same skin tone.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved