Thursday, December 31, 2009

Never Too Old for Barbie Accessories!

I was pursuing the aisles of Walmart looking for post-Christmas sales. I def hit the jackpot.  In addition to other various makeup products and basic tees, I found a fabulous Barbie makeup case filled to the brim with makeup galore!  I tried to find the product online, but the website doesn't seem to show it.  This is a set you'll have to actually search for in stores.  Here are some other Barbie kits (available online) that are also cute.



This is the case (front and back)  that all the gorgeous doodads come in.  Truthfully, I plan on using it as a purse.  I know that I am 24 and should be using adult-type handbags...but honestly, who can resist Barbie?!

Surprisingly, the contents of the kit is actually amazing.  The set includes tons of mini nail polishes, lip balms, lip glosses, eyeshadows, blush, shimmer powder and other crazy things that all gals love.

My personal fave from the set is the pressed powder.  What it is, in all actuality, is a blush/bronzer duo.  They're both a bit shimmery, which I'm of course addicted to.  They're light, so for people who do not tend to have transparently-white skin like me, it could act as a highlighter.  Here's a pic of the fab duo:



Sorry, the picture quality isn't great, but the colors are fairly accurate.  I love the pigmentation in the powders and when I blend them together, it creates a "glow from within" look that we all strive for.

Who would have thought that Barbie would have such an amazing product?The makeup is actually manufactured by Markwins International, a company well-known for their cheap yet fabulous makeup

The moral of the story is to always check out kids makeup kits.  They're cheap, you get a lot of bang for your buck, and they're always utterly adorable.

I got this set for about $10, and I feel like it's worth at least $30.

Not bad, huh?

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved