Friday, February 12, 2010

Beauty Babble: Q&A sesh with Ebony Looney

Ebony Looney, from Make Me Over Eb, is clearly a beauty guru. She's got a lot going on, from podcasts and webisodes to blogging. And she really knows her stuff. I picked her brain for a bit to see just what it's like to be her (probably fabulous) shoes!

Sassy Fashionista: How did you get started in the beauty industry?
Ebony Looney: As a way to make extra money I started selling Mary Kay products. Many of my regular customers loved the way I wore my own makeup and would always ask me for application advice. Shortly after that I began doing makeup applications for some of my customers. 4 years later I started blogging which led to my bi-monthly podcast Make Me Over Eb where I feature professionals in the beauty industry.

SF:
What's the one beauty product you can't live without?
EL: Lip-gloss is something I can’t live without. It can be used to re-hydrate lips when they have become chapped, a tinted lip-gloss will always upgrade a plain look. It’s like icing on an already sweet cake.

SF: What should every girl have in their makeup bag?
EL: Chap stick, a mirror, and safety pins.

SF: What is the worst makeup blunder you've witnessed?

EL: Too much foundation! Foundation can be the best and worst thing that can happen to a woman when not applied correctly. It’s like putting too much sugar or salt in a cake recipe. The goal of foundation is to make a complexion look even and toned. Too much will have you looking like a clown which is never a good look. Try viewing foundation as an enhancement and not as a mask.

SF: What do you love most about your job?
EL: I like being able to connect with women and see what’s going on with them. It’s encouraging to hearing other women’s stories of strength and humor.

Thanks Ebony! To learn more about Make me over Eb, check out her site, or contact Nadia at
nadia.murdock@gmail.com.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved