Monday, February 1, 2010

Beauty Babble: Q & A sesh with Tippi Shorter

All this winter weather is wreaking havoc on my hair. It's dry, frizzy and just plain disgusting. So I've been searching high and low for some tips on how to make my hair look decent enough to go out in public without a huge hat. And I think I've found just the person to help me!

Tippi Shorter is nothing short (pardon the pun) of a hair guru. She's been a
spokesperson for Pantene and Clairol, she's working on her own hair extension line Get Gorgeous Hair and is working as the newest addition to the Avon hair styling team.

She works with oodles of celebs and really knows her stuff! I had the chance to ask her a few questions and get some much-needed hair help.


Sassy Fashionista: If you could only use one hair product for the rest of your life, what would it be?


Tippi Shorter: I’ve tried and tested many amazing products, but the one product I can’t live without is my Mason Pearson brush.

SF: What's the best way to define curls without them looking "crunchy" and being basically untouchable?
TS: Creating touchable curls is all about the product.  Use a curl-enhancing product to hold and control a curl’s shape for up to 24 hours!

SF: What beauty products/tools can you not live without?
TS: My must-have hair products are:
Serum - Advance Techniques Anti-Frizz Capsules
Deep Conditioner - Ojon Restorative Treatment
Pomade - Bedhead Stick
Hairspray - Pantene Ice Shine
In terms of tools, I cannot live without… a great blowdryer and 1-inch flat iron that can be used to straighten or curl.

SF: Last season, we saw a lot of rather extravagant hair accessories with feathers, bows and rhinestones galore.  What will this season bring, in terms of hair decoration?
TS: I hope this season brings many more hair decorations!  I love working with hair accessories, especially extensions. Hair extensions allow me to create any style. I also love using a clip-on pony, faux bangs or stylish headbands for a fresh new look.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved