Tuesday, April 3, 2012
I don't know about you ladies, but I have a ridiculously hard time pronouncing beauty brand names. And it can get pretty embarrassing when I claim to be a beauty guru, then say the name of a brand incorrectly. Below are a few of the most common beauty brands that people mispronounce.
How to pronounce it: bor-gay-zeh (NOT bor-gay-zee)
How to pronounce it: boor-jwah
How to pronounce it: nix (NOT N.Y.X.)
How to pronounce it: shoe oo-eh-moor-ah
L'Occitane En Provence
How to pronounce it: lox-ee-tann uhn pro-vaunce
How to pronounce it: sheh-say-do
How to pronounce it: stee-lah
How to pronounce it: rim-l
How to pronounce it: shan-tuh-kigh
How to pronounce it: gerr-lahn (the n is silent)
Helpful, no? I must admit, I was definitely pronouncing some of these incorrectly. But now I can talk about beauty brands with confidence! Huzzah!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Free Tote for Mother's Day from Ulta!
- ELF 100 Piece Eyeshadow GIVEAWAY!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Vagina Tote Bag
- Super Cute Mother's Day Gift!
- Fashionable Foldable Flats
- Man Mishap: The Rise of the Man Bun
- For Fickle Fingers: Sula Pant and Peel Polish
- Fashion Faux Pas: BEING SICK!
- Fab Flats for $15!
- My Virtual Makeover Obsession!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Underwear for your Bra
- Happy Easter!!
- Simply Divine and Under $39!
- Stowaway Shower Curtain
- AMAZING Guess Jewelry SALE at Burlington Coat Fact...
- How To Pronounce Beauty Brand Names
- My Latest Obsession: Magenta Hair Mascara
- Fekkai Complementary National Blowout Day!
- What to Keep in Your Emergency Makeup Bag
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)