Sunday, April 1, 2012
I think it's safe to say that I have a makeup obsession. I probably love makeup more than is socially acceptable. So I generally carry what I call an "emergency makeup bag" with me everywhere I go. I usually carry a huge handbag and throw a small cosmetic bag in there with the essentials. And while my obsession causes me to include a full eyeshadow palette and about five lip glosses in there, I also like to think that I carry some great products that can revive any look all day long.
Here are the top five products I keep with me at all times:
1) A good eyelash curler. Seriously, you've got to see the difference it makes. Insane. A portable one is great because they're super tiny and can easily fit into any makeup bag.
2) A dark eyeliner. Black or brown or both. Non-negotiable.
3) Mascara. It can be thickening, lengthening, volumizing. Whatever, really. Just pick your poison. Dramatic lashes just make you look more awake and "with it." Plus, it keeps focus on your eyes and not on, say, a big pimple.
4) Concealer that exactly matches your skintone.
5) A subtle sparkly eye shadow. Beige works. So does champagne. Just look for something light that shimmers. You can put it in your lids for a soft, girlie effect, in your inner corners to open your eyes up or along your cheekbones to make them look higher. So versatile! An acceptable substitute: Highlighter.
Of course, there are lots of other great things that can be handy to have on hand, but those are the five I think everyone should have.
Although now that I think of it, putting together an emergency makeup bag is the perfect excuse to buy a fab new makeup case!! One with a mirror inside it is a great added bonus!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Free Tote for Mother's Day from Ulta!
- ELF 100 Piece Eyeshadow GIVEAWAY!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Vagina Tote Bag
- Super Cute Mother's Day Gift!
- Fashionable Foldable Flats
- Man Mishap: The Rise of the Man Bun
- For Fickle Fingers: Sula Pant and Peel Polish
- Fashion Faux Pas: BEING SICK!
- Fab Flats for $15!
- My Virtual Makeover Obsession!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Underwear for your Bra
- Happy Easter!!
- Simply Divine and Under $39!
- Stowaway Shower Curtain
- AMAZING Guess Jewelry SALE at Burlington Coat Fact...
- How To Pronounce Beauty Brand Names
- My Latest Obsession: Magenta Hair Mascara
- Fekkai Complementary National Blowout Day!
- What to Keep in Your Emergency Makeup Bag
- ▼ April (19)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)