Monday, April 26, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Making Your Own Skinny Jeans with Rubber Bands

For starters, I'm not a huge fan of skinny jeans to begin with.  Some people can pull them off, but they really don't flatter anyone who has curves whatsoever. They remind me of tapered jeans which also go in at the ankle and end up making you look like you have little tiny ankles and huge everything else.

But if you want to wear skinny jeans--fine.  Just buy an actual pair of them.  The picture is super blurry, but I saw this woman on the T in Boston and immediately pulled out my cell phone to take a picture.  At first I thought, 'oh, they must be reflective for walking around at night or something', but no. Upon closer examination, they're simply multi-colored rubber bands holding in the flare of a pair of boot-cut jeans.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but it basically looks like she's wearing jean scrunchies around her ankle underneath the rows of rubber bands.

I cannot imagine how she came up with this. Did she do this before leaving home, look in the mirror and say 'Damn, I look hot'? Or is this just her everyday look that she wears without a thought?

I would have asked her, but surprisingly, for a girl wearing neon rubber bands around her ankles, she looked pretty badass and I didn't want to get punched in the face.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved