Wednesday, July 7, 2010

For All the Creeps out There: The Key Knife

Not all knife-carrying lads like to be flashy and show off their blade.  Maybe they don't enjoy all the flash and pizazz that a knife out in the open gives.  Or maybe they're crazy and already have a few arrests under their belt, and carrying a knife around wouldn't look great.

Whatever the reason, Garrett Wade's Key Knife is one of the creepiest things I've seen.  I know that there are often little things in life that you might need a knife for; my boyfriend always has a little pocket knife with him...But hiding it and pretending it's a key?! Seems like a bit much.

Here's one of the reviews: "The [key knife] is the best key on my key ring."  I imagine he said that after stabbing someone on the subway. It's also troubling that his house key, or car key doesn't even match the awesomeness of his knife key.

Here's another obsessed review: "This perfect little key-knife is one of those things you just can't put down. You will love the feel of it. You hold it and love it and treasure it. You put it in your favorite place in your purse or car. Then you just know you HAVE to order more for only your most special friends. My doctor, my sons, my sister and of course another one for myself" He sounds so emotional about it that I can't help but feel for him. At the same time, I don't know...if someone purchased a key knife for me, I would take it as a weird threat.  I find the fact that this man would purchase one for his doctor a little strange.  Really?! But maybe it can be used for surgery on the go or something...

I find this knife both hilarious and highly creep-tastic at the same time. I mean, it is literally a hidden knife that is made to look like a normal key.  Imagine being on a first date with a guy who has one.  Maybe you just need to cut something and he busts out this elaborate key knife to "help" you. I'd freak out, run away and change my phone number.

Yet, I must admit that a small part of me wants to buy one for the hilarity of it. They're $24.90 each.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved