Saturday, January 14, 2012
Almost everyday, my makeup routine includes applying a shimmery champagne-hued eyeshadow. I use it as a base, as well as on the inner corners of my eyes to make them look wider and more awake. It's a fabulous technique that I've been using for years.
The problem is, to get the desired effect, you need an eyeshadow that is highly pigmented (meaning that you can use a tiny bit of it to get a full burst of color). Most drugstore shadows simply aren't of the best quality and the pigmentation isn't there. It's also tough to find something cheap that is packed with shimmer. And we all know how obsessed with shimmer I am!
Until now, I've been using Stila's eyeshadow in Kitten. It's around $20, but works amazingly. I've never had a problem shelling out the money since it lasts basically forever and looks so gorge.
The other day, I saw L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow. They have a color called Iced Latte that is almost identical to Stila's Kitten. I tried it out and the pigmentation is great--AND it's packed with shimmer! It's practically the same product! The only difference? You can get it for $7.99.
I was pretty shocked at the sheer awesomeness of this. I think I'm going to try out a few other colors for fun. That said, I'm pretty sure that I'm completely switching over from Stila to L'Oreal, at least for this product!!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Prep Yourself For V-Day!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Junderpants for Men
- "Like" Sassy Fashionista on Facebook!
- Coasters That Say it Like it is!
- How To: Ombré Nails
- AMAZING Valentine's Day Collection from ELF for $2...
- Fashion Faux Pas: the [Not So] Trendy Top
- Glossy Gurl Giveaway!!!
- Get Your Glow on Year-Round!
- Luxury Lust: MAC Jeanius Eyeshadow
- Dr. Carlo's Corner: Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Pr...
- Pretty Winter Hands
- Lip Balm Made Better
- Get the Look for Less: Shimmery Champagne Eyeshado...
- Super Cute Top You Can Wear Now and Later!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Nail Polish for Dudes
- Beauty Routine Time Savers
- How Could Anyone NOT Want a Garden Gnome Purse?
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lip Tattoos
- GORGEOUS Necklace on Sale for $21!!
- Glitz and Glam Sale!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Forever Lazy Adult Onesies
- Victoria's Secret Angel Eau De Parfum GIVEAWAY!
- Winter White Nails
- My Latest Makeup Love
- My 2012 Beauty Resolutions
- ▼ January (26)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)