Lately I've been obsessed with my nails. Usually, I'm more of a lip gloss gal (don't worry!! I still am!), but the lovely Glossy Gurl has totally made my love for nail art grow!
My latest nail love is, what what I like to call, split personality nails. Basically, I couldn't decide which color to use so I decided to go for two of my faves! I think the outcome is pretty fab, and not to toot my own horn, but it looks about as good as what you can get done at a nail salon for $50. And trust me, it's super easy to do.
Here's what I used:
- OPI Ridge Filler as a base coat
- Essie's Go Overboard polish
- Orly's Frisky polish
- Milani's Nail Art polish in Silver
- Seche Vite for a top coat
Obviously you can use whatever color combos you like. I just really like the look of dark teal with a neon blue (For some reason the Essie hue looks much lighter in the pic above). I think pink and purple would look fab, or even red and pink for Valentine's day!
So here's what I did:
- I painted my entire nail with the base coat, then the lighter blue color. I let it dry for about an hour or so to ensure complete dryness.
- I placed short pieces of tape diagonally across my nails. It's a good idea to make it less sticky before hand by sticking it on your arm or something a few times first. Or you can even use painter's tape.
- Then, I added the dark teal to the exposed part of the nail. Once this is done, immediately remove the tape. Leaving it on for too long can create weird-looking edges.
- Once this was done, I took the silver nail art and drew a line between the two colors. Not only does it add some much needed sparkle; it also covers up any mistakes that might be made!
- Finally, I painted on the top coat.