Monday, June 4, 2012
I'm a bit in between having an hourglass figure, and having a pear-shaped body. I'm in decent shape, but I still can't throw on any old dress and expect it to look amazing on me.
This adorable Open Back Knit Halter Dress from Body Central is just the ticket. It flatters nearly all body types. Even though it's quite snug and hugs your curves, the color blocking and shape of the dress is gorgeous and would look good on tons of us ladies.
If you're like me, and hate your lower half (I constantly refer to myself as "thunder thighs"), this dress is perfecto for you! Anything with a light color on top and a darker color on the bottom camouflages anything you hate about what's below your waist. The lighter color on top draws the eye upwards, rather than drawing attention to your hips, thighs, or a little bit of tummy pudge.
The white bands also help give your bod a defined, and pretty silhouette. Since one band is directly beneath the bust line (the tiniest part of most women's bodies), it attracts the eye to the tiniest part of you.
Bonus? The dress is on sale for $32.90!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- My Overly-Priced Obsession: Guerlain By Pucci Blus...
- Bath & Body Works Sale AND Gift with Purchase
- A Little Ring with Some Bling!
- The Look For Less: Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Skincare Fit for a Princess!
- The Ultimate Girly Summer Shoes
- How to Clean...ANYTHING!
- Crayola Nail Polish (For Real!!)
- Shop it to Me HUGE GIVEAWAY!!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Mustache Parties
- Happy Father's Day From Dr. Brandt
- Happy Father's Day, Daddio!!
- Damaged Hair? Try Living Proof Restore!
- Celebrate National Flip Flop Day!
- Designer Band-Aids Make Fab Accesories
- ELF Gift With Purchase!
- Who DOESN'T Need a Piranha Purse?!
- Funky Retro Sunglasses Rock My World
- Pixi Gift with Purchase!
- Figure Flattering Dress for Under $35!
- Man Mishap: The V-Neck Tee
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)