Friday, April 19, 2013
As I've written a number of times, my hair's natural texture is a lovely curly/wavy/gross/frizz combo. Needless to say, it's pretty damn difficult to style. I tend to rely on a lot of heat styling. I know that it's super damaging to my hair, and to be honest, I don't really need to use a flat iron daily since I don't wash my hair more than a couple times a week (it keeps my hair from looking straw-esque). I should really only be using it immediately after washing my hair. But during the days when I haven't just washed, I still usually need a bit of a touch up and hadn't really found anything other than a flat iron to fix any unwanted hair issues until now.
My mom actually came across this amazing Conair John Frieda Ionic Brush and I absolutely love it. It comes in a few different versions, but I really like the round paddle brush for my hair. The cool thing about the brush is that it's heated--but not nearly as hot or damaging to hair as a flat iron.
The brush is perfect for daily touch-ups, and since it's battery-operated, it's ideal for traveling.
All of the brushes in the collection are tourmaline-ionic infused to give hair an intense salon shine that we all strive for. Tourmaline gemstones naturally release negative ions that tighten the cuticle layer and seal in natural oils. The brush helps to smooth flyaways and reduce frizz while adding sheen. What more could you possibly ask for??!
Of course, you can also use the brush on its own, sans heat. It's fabulous for detangling, especially on my thick, coarse hair.
Each brush retails for around $15; much cheaper than most products of its kind. This is definitely a good buy and is something I really recommend every woman own.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- My New Hair Color Obsession
- An Adorable Dress for Spring--For Under $15!
- Another Amazing Clinique GWP!
- The Perfect Mother's Day Gift From Fresh
- The Best Makeup Kit EVER!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Tie-Dye Harem Pants
- My Top 5 Ultimate Makeup Don'ts
- Surprise!! I'm The Latest Simon Malls Style Setter...
- Bad Hair Days Begone!
- Nail Art Made Easy!
- The Prettiest Skirt for Spring
- My Latest Obsession: Revlon's Baby Sticks
- Handy Notes (They're Super Handy!)
- Estée Lauder AERIN Garden Color Collection for Spr...
- Organize Your Makeup: Vemayca Cosmetic Bag Liners
- Fashion Faux Pas: the $91,500 T-Shirt
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)