Tuesday, April 30, 2013
My New Hair Color Obsession
Since I usually cut and color my hair myself (yes, it's true), I try not to go more than two shades lighter or darker than my natural, mousy brown, hue. But when I saw L'Oreal's new Féria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Color that promised a "Hi-Lift Brown color" (meaning that even dark hair can achieve the lighter look), I absolutely had to try it.
The shade I picked was B61 Downtown Brown. It's the lightest brown they have. I do have to say that the color I ended up with is not exactly the color on the box. It's a little bit darker, but still in the light brown family.
What I love most about it is that there are natural highlights throughout my hair. Usually with box color, hair can tend to look bland and one-dimensional. The result of this stuff is a much more natural-looking color. Another fab thing is that the color is not brassy at all. That's a problem I almost always have when I try to go lighter. And really--who wants orange hair?!
The color has been in my hair for a few weeks and still shimmers as if I just colored it. It hasn't washed out or changed at all, like other boxed colors tend to do.
This is one of those products that is absolutely Sassy Fashionista approved. At $9.99 a box, it's worth a try. The other colors are gorgeous too! There's a nice burgundy I've been wanting to try...hmm...
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- My New Hair Color Obsession
- An Adorable Dress for Spring--For Under $15!
- Another Amazing Clinique GWP!
- The Perfect Mother's Day Gift From Fresh
- The Best Makeup Kit EVER!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Tie-Dye Harem Pants
- My Top 5 Ultimate Makeup Don'ts
- Surprise!! I'm The Latest Simon Malls Style Setter...
- Bad Hair Days Begone!
- Nail Art Made Easy!
- The Prettiest Skirt for Spring
- My Latest Obsession: Revlon's Baby Sticks
- Handy Notes (They're Super Handy!)
- Estée Lauder AERIN Garden Color Collection for Spr...
- Organize Your Makeup: Vemayca Cosmetic Bag Liners
- Fashion Faux Pas: the $91,500 T-Shirt
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)