Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Latest Beauty Must Have--Bacitracin!

Hear me out. I know that Bacitracin is supposed to be used for cuts and such. But one glorious day a few months ago, I found its other use.

I have verrry sensitive skin and fairly severe eczema. In the winter, I have to constantly apply what I call "anti-decay lotion" which is a mixture of prescription cream and Curel lotion on my body and face. Without it I look like I have some sort of flesh eating disease.

In the summertime, however, I breakout in zits. My dry skin is less severe, but applying any sort of blemish medication just makes my skin dry everywhere. My solution? Bacitracin.

My mom suggested it tome when I told her my dilemma. I wasn't sure it'd work, because Bacitracin seems almost oily. But I gave it a go one night and found that it really works! It dries up zits, and hydrates my skin at the same time! I think it has something to do with the fact that it basically gets rid of all the bacteria in skin (which is what causes acne). Now I apply it every night unless I am having a horrible eczema flare-up, and I must say that my skin has been particularly flawless.

Drugstore.com has the Rite-aid brand of it for a mere $3. Try it out--you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved