Friday, June 15, 2007

THIS IS BIG: Sharpies as Makeup?

This is BIG. Bigger than big. I have actually found a new way to use Sharpies. I'm not sure if this has been done before, or if I am a genius. I am leaning towards the genius side. Let's get on with it, shall we?

Lately, I've been big into lip stains. They're great because I work all day, or run around doing stuff, and much as I love lip gloss, I hate applying it in public. So, rather than run off to the bathroom every ten minutes to slather some on, I've been going the stain route. I've found some beauties, but I had a brainstorm late night when I saw my pink marker: Why not use a Sharpie?

Sharpies are permanent makers and I remember trying to"tattoo"myself in middle school. Usually the marking would wash off completely in a couple of days, and that was with black, the most potent of the Sharpies.
I have this great fuchsia shade marker that I knew would look simply fab on my lips. So I went to it. I literally drew on my lips. And it looked great. It lasted for the whole night!

Sharpies are totally nontoxic (I checked, I'm not a fool) and I cannot think of any sort of disease that would come from this use.

The best part? Sharpies are super cheap, and there are about five pink shades, a few reds, and even PEACH. The most interesting part is that the marker didn't even dry out my lips (which most stains tend to do for me. Also the color was even a little sheer-ish--not like some sort of full-on fuchsia paint. Simply amazing.

Have I found some sort of new beauty miracle?

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved