Thursday, June 5, 2008

Beach Bag Essentials

Now that beach time is here (as far as I'm concerned) I thought it'd be a good time to make sure that our beach bags are up to par.

First off--J.Crew has a great simple tote that makes a great beach bag; the Small Madaket tote. for $39.50, you can have one of your very own. But you can get similar beach bags pretty much anywhere. Even Walmart has a large mix of 'em.

So here are a few of the most important things that I think every gal should have in her beach bag:

1) Sunscreen for your face. Stila has a great one out now. Their sheer color tinted moisturizer SPF 30 ($36) is tinted and you can choose from oodles of shades. I'd even use this as part of my normal makeup routine since even walking in the sun makes my pale skin go crazy. But you can throw a tube in your bag and refresh whenever you get the urge. Don't forget to bring a mirror to avoid any mishaps!

2) Of course, you obviously need a body sun screen. La Fresh Sunscreen SPF30 sells travel-size packets of sun screen, so you don't have to lug around a huge bottle.$4.50 will get you 4 individual full-body packs of sun screen.

3) A small pallette of makeup is always a good idea. Mainly, you only need a bit of concealer and mascara, but for the bold, there are many tiny pallettes just for this occasion. Hard Candy has s Take Out Makeup Kit that has everything you need to touch up your makeup. The kit has 6 Lip Glosses, plus two lips brushes. It also includes 8 eye shadows, mascara, eye liner, bronzer blush, and every brush you might need to apply all of the makeup. You can get this at Sephora (my home away from home) or on Sephora's website.

4) Last, but not least, make sure to pack a couple bottles of water to keep yourself hydrated, and help your skin look fabbity fabulous,

Of course there are about a million other things that I pack: magazines, books, my ipod, a digital camera (hey, you never know what you'll see!), and a bunch more that I can;t even recall at the moment. Simply use this list as a starting p0int and add your own beach bag items that you might need during the day.

I'm so ready to pack up my beach bag and run to the nearest lake by me, but alas I cannot as I've spent a ton of money just a few days ago. But that's a story for another time.

TTFN! (ta ta for now!)

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved