Wednesday, June 18, 2008

For Those of us Who Love Punctuation

When I was in high school, my journalism teacher told me that I used commas too frequently. I hated her. I showed the paper she had referenced to one of my other writing teachers who told me that I used commas correctly. They are to be used at your own discretion whenever you take a mental breath in a sentence. Later on, I was telling someone the story and very loudly--I had a bit of a Freudian slip I guess--I said, "I OVERUSE CONDOMS!!!" and I don't think I'll ever get past that. Quite embarrassing.

So you can see that commas and I go way back. Which is why I think a comma necklace is the best thing since sliced bread. Made by FinnishDesignShop, the necklace costs 75 Euros (roughly $116). That's pretty pricey in my book, so I'm hoping that other designers take note (hint hint: Target) so that I can always be safe and have a condom, whoops I mean COMMA with me at all times.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved