Sunday, October 21, 2012
Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Polish
I love trying out different looks for my nails. I literally own over 200 nail polishes--and that's after I've just cleaned out my collection! Different textures and finishes are things I'm immediately drawn to. So when I heard that one of my fave makeup brands, Illamasqua, had come out with a rubber finish polish, I knew I had to try it out.
The idea is just so unique. I mean, rubber-looking nails? Definitely an interesting and intriguing idea.
So I tried out a few different colors of the Rubber Finish Nail Polish, and was actually pretty impressed. The polishes really do have a bit of a "rubber" finish to them. The colors are gorgeous, but even if people don't notice the color, they'll definitely notice the finish!
Each polish is thin and a bit jelly-ish and sheer, so two medium-thick coats are needed for an opaque look. The rubberized finish in this collection also looks a bit "plasticy", to give you more of an idea. Because the finish is part of the actual polish itself, to sustain the rubberized look you can’t apply a top coat. It's kind of like what we did with matte polish last year.
The colors don't look as rubber-esque in the pictures as they do in real life, but I assure you that the look is there. Regardless, take a look at these three fabulous Fall colors!
Kink is a rich forest green (which is a coveted color this season). It's super gorgeous. The shade is interesting because it surprisingly goes with more than you'd think. For whatever reason, the green hue has the ability to act almost as a neutral. I had this particular color on for about a week and didn't really need to change anything about my outfits to go with my nails.
Faux Pas is a medium, sultry purple. I'd say it has a bit more blue than red in it, but only slightly. I absolutely love this color because it's so rich and can be built up to create a darker, more saturated version. This is a great color to wear out for an evening. That said, you do need to be a little daring with your polish hues to wear it regularly!
Vice is a super lush raspberry creme shade. It's also my favorite out of the three. The color is just so fantastic. It's not super dark, or too bright--it meets right in the middle and is just the perfect polish hue. The rubber finish on this particular color gives it an almost velvety look, which I love. This is a polish that I'll definitely be wearing for the majority of the season!
You can buy each polish for about $22 each.
Disclosure: This post contains sample products sent for consideration by a PR company. My priority is to you, and I honor that commitment by being honest! If you have any questions about this, please email me.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Happy Halloween!
- Victoria's Secret Has Your Back
- Look for Less: Pippa Middleton's Handbag
- ELF Thinks Pink!
- How to Fix Hair Emergencies
- Everyone Needs a Pink Lace Clutch
- Orly Celebrates Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Lorac Beauty Bag on Sale!
- Just For Us Bloggers...
- Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Polish
- Umm Why Haven't I Heard of This Before? The Makeup...
- The Look For Less: Shimmery Shadow
- Halloween String Doll GIVEAWAY!!!
- Pink with a Purpose
- It's a Makeup Emergency!
- Need Boots? Check out Macy's!
- Support Breast Cancer Awareness With Essie
- Get Ready For Halloween--Hard Candy Style!
- My New Fave Top--On Sale!
- Eyes Lips Face Halloween SALE!
- How to Keep Your Skin Glowing All Season (and a GI...
- What's Pissing Me Off Right Now: TLC's Honey Boo B...
- Gorgeous Bag for Fall
- Find Your Perfect Bra
- Fashion Faux Pas: Grover Inspired Handbag
- Tell it Like it is--With Class
- Kamibashi Cares about BCA Month!
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)