Wednesday, October 24, 2012
I'm not sure what is so intriguing about beauty sets to me, but I'm utterly obsessed with them. Especially when they come complete with an adorable makeup bag.
Lorac has a great Sapphire Shimmer Eye Collection set that totally tickles my fancy. I'm already a huge fan of Lorac cosmetics in general--all of their products are of the absolute best quality.
This ridiculously gorgeous set comes complete with everything you need for a lovely evening look. From the full size Starry Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Starlet (Purple) and the Sparkle Pencil Eye Shadow/Liner pencil in Sapphire Shimmer to the Lotsa Lash Fiber Extending Mascara in Black, it's perfect. All this comes tucked in a makeup bag that can double as an evening clutch.
Now I know some of you ladies are afraid to try out purple eye shadow. It sounds scary. But for most eye colors, purple hues look amazing. As long as you don't overdo it, a purple smoky eye is super flattering and more unique than your typical black or brown shadow looks. Just remember to tone down the rest of your makeup to keep the focus on your eyes and avoid that whole "prostitute on duty" look.
Let's talk about the bag. As you probably know, I'm a huge sucker for bags, be they makeup bags, or regular purses. The fact that this can double as an evening bag is awesome. Using it as an evening bag, it can totally complement your purple eyes, without looking too matchy-matchy. Or you can simply use the bag for cosmetics. Either way, it's super cute!
Now for the best part--this set was originally $64. And it's actually worth the price for the quality of makeup you get. But it's been marked down to $26!! That's actually what the eye shadow trio costs on it's own! So this is a crazily good deal.
I'm sure these are going to go really quickly--so get shopping!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- Happy Halloween!
- Victoria's Secret Has Your Back
- Look for Less: Pippa Middleton's Handbag
- ELF Thinks Pink!
- How to Fix Hair Emergencies
- Everyone Needs a Pink Lace Clutch
- Orly Celebrates Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Lorac Beauty Bag on Sale!
- Just For Us Bloggers...
- Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Polish
- Umm Why Haven't I Heard of This Before? The Makeup...
- The Look For Less: Shimmery Shadow
- Halloween String Doll GIVEAWAY!!!
- Pink with a Purpose
- It's a Makeup Emergency!
- Need Boots? Check out Macy's!
- Support Breast Cancer Awareness With Essie
- Get Ready For Halloween--Hard Candy Style!
- My New Fave Top--On Sale!
- Eyes Lips Face Halloween SALE!
- How to Keep Your Skin Glowing All Season (and a GI...
- What's Pissing Me Off Right Now: TLC's Honey Boo B...
- Gorgeous Bag for Fall
- Find Your Perfect Bra
- Fashion Faux Pas: Grover Inspired Handbag
- Tell it Like it is--With Class
- Kamibashi Cares about BCA Month!
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)