Most of us love the old Hollywood glamorous, classic look with super lush lashes. Getting that look is the ultimate goal. You can apply tons of eye makeup, but really it all comes down to the lashes.
There are so many products out there that promise to make your lashes look longer, or more full. But there simply isn't a magic eyelash enhancing product. trust me; I've tried them all.
However, you can have great looking lashes with nearly any mascara. It's the application that makes the difference.
Here's how to get clump-free, gorgey lashes:
- Curl your lashes. It's the most important thing to do--it opens up your eyes. It takes all of two seconds and it makes the biggest impact. Wearing mascara on stick straight lashes just looks stupid.
- When you're applying mascara, start at the base of your lashes, then slowly move up the lashes, wiggling your brush from side to side. This keeps your lashes from clumping together.
- Random fact: for fuller lashes, it's a good idea to use a waterproof formula. They are usually a little bit thicker than regular mascaras (I have no idea why).
- A great application tip for thicker lashes is to coat both sides of your lashes. This isn't something most people think of, but it really helps. You'd think it would weigh them down, but it actually does the opposite. Coating both sides of your lashes makes them look more voluminous.
- When applying mascara to your bottom lashes, hold your brush horizontally, and lightly brush your bottom lashes. Lightly is the key word. Applying thick coats to your lower lashes can easily create a "spider-eye" effect.
- I know this is going to sound crazy, but I actually apply up to five coats of mascara at a time. My secret is using a mix of mascaras (one for lengthening, one for volume, etc.) and using a spoolie in between each coat to get rid of clumps. A spoolie is basically a disposable mascara wand. They're super cheap and make a huge difference in the finished look. Check out my post about my obsession with these little wonder wands here.
Go by these tips and I promise that your lashes will look gorgeous and give your eyes some extra glamour. Pinky swear.