Thursday, January 7, 2010

Fashion Babble: Q & A sesh with Stefani Greenfield


You might recall my love-fest of a post about Stefani Greenfield's Curations collection from yesterday.  I wanted to learn more about the line, and lucky for me, Stefani took the time to answer a few questions just for Sassy Fashionista!

Sassy Fashionista: What was your inspiration for Curations?
Stefani Greenfield: Curations is all about the journey. After 20 years of working with women, I wanted to fill a void in the market where the whole look equals the sum of its parts. My wardrobe reflects not just what I buy but how I live and I wanted women to be able to achieve a "curated" look without a ton of effort or breaking the bank. Luxury has no tiers and cheap is no bargain - items have to have value and meaning no matter the price tag.

SF: What are three accessories that all ladies should own?
SG: a great black clutch, a metallic strappy heel and a cuff bracelet

SF: Do you prefer trendy looks or classic looks?
SG: trend-inspired and classics with a twist

SF: For a girls night out, what would you wear?
SG: whatever makes you feel body-confident because that will totally set the tone for your evening. Nothing too constricting or that you'll be "over-remembered" for - aka the girl in the (fill in the blank) dress.

SF: I’m in my 20s and often find myself stuck between teeny bopper doodads and mature-looking accessories.  What’s a good middle ground?
SG: You can never go wrong with a classic stud earring or a strand of pearls at any age - its all about what you wear them with! They are both investment items but they won't ever go out of style.

SF: What can I wear with a statement jewelry piece to avoid looking gaudy?
SG: Wear either a statement necklace OR an earring or a cuff OR a big ring - not both! Sometimes too much of a good thing is just too much!

SF: What’s the easiest way to update an outfit I already own?
SG: a piece of statement jewelry or a colored shoe or bag.

SF: Sometimes I just want to be comfy without looking like a slob.  What should I be wearing?
SG: a legging with a ballet flat (not an Ugg or sneaker!) Captures classic Parisian chic without looking sloppy.

SF: What are your top fave pieces in your collection?
SG: Stefani stack rings : I love to mix and stack rings in different sizes and metals. Heather Crystal evil eye necklace and ring: named after my late girlfriend Heather Schiff and its a good luck talisman. Malibu Dress: easy double-layer mesh strapless dress - dress it up, dress it down, it works from Mykonos to Malibu (two of my fave places). [note: the stack rings, pictured, will be available in the Curations Spring collection.]

SF: What’s your favorite part of your job?
SG: working with my team, getting to be constantly creatively thinking and making a living by being inspired!

SF: What’s the worst fashion faux pas you’ve seen?
SG: the wedge flip flop, aka the "frankenflop", and women dressing like children!

SF: What can we look forward to for Spring 2010? 
SG: sun-baked, rich urban desert tones, utilitarian touches, mixed metal jewelry, turquoise and coral stone jewelry, Moroccan and Turkish tile printed scarves, flat sandals and lots of fabulous prints!!



For more info about the line, check out the Curations website, or contact Heather Stein at hstein@fullpic.com.



Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved