Monday, January 11, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Big Feathered Triangle Hair


Alright, alright. The picture to the left is actually of the beloved Morgan Fairchild and was taken in the 80's. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture of anyone with this 'do from the present.  But people sporting this look are out there. Now.

While strolling through the grocery store on a peaceful Sunday night, I came across a fairly pretty gal.  The only problem was that her hair looked almost identical to Miss Fairchild's.  Which would have been fine if we were all living in 1982, but we are not, and therefore I must define it officially as a fashion faux pas.

I get the idea of the whole big hair thing.  Everyone wants to have lots of hair.  It's attractive.  But here's a hint for your, ladies: teasing, curling, flipping and feathering your hair is not going to fool anyone.  It actually makes you look like you've got less hair, since you took all the effort to "disguise" it.

I've only seen a handful or so of women who still cling to this look, but honestly for each one that I see, my heart breaks a little bit more.  I want to just go up to them and say, "Leave it in its natural state and add a bit of smoothing serum and possibly a tiny amount of mouse!"  But alas, that's not my style.  Instead I just complain about it on my blog for your enjoyment. 

And maybe someday day, one of these triangle-haired wonders will stumble upon this post, tell her gaggle of identially-haired friends, and there will be a revolution. 

A girl can dream.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved