Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Shoulder Jewelry


I'm troubled that something like this even exists.  Babette Epaulette has a whole line of jewelry specifically made to wear over your shoulder. Like a continental soldier. (I've had that song stuck in my head since I saw this).

Ummm...what?! I don't think we're running low on places to wear baubles. I can appreciate the concept and the originality, but come on.  Shoulder jewelry?

I just think it's weird. And I'm all for weird, so if I think that this is past the point of weird-chic, then it must be pretty ridiculous.

Plus, just think about it:  with all those doodads hanging from your shoulder, there'd be tangles galore!  There's simply no way that the fringe and chains wouldn't want to mingle, and then you'd be left with a huge tangled mess on your shoulder. Very trendy.

Oh and did I mention that they sell for about $150 each?

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved