Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My New Mascara Ritual


I've tried 67580676897 different mascaras over the years.  I'm constantly looking for my mascara soulmate.  But the truth is, my soulmate might not be the actual mascara; it might be the tool that aids it.

Let me explain. Last week, a had very clumpy mascara.  I didn't have time to redo my makeup and didn't want to risk trying to just take off the mascara (never works).  So, I looked around for some magical solution and found an old Maybelline Brow & Lash Brush that I had meant to use and forgot about in the past.  After a couple swipes with the comb side, and a final swoop with the brush, my lashes looked better than ever.

I've started to experiment with this.  I now apply two coats of mascara, comb it through, then apply a coat of another type of mascara.  The key is to use mascaras that are formulated to do different things--like one that is lengthening and one that adds volume.  My recent face combo is CoverGirl's LashBlast Luxe and Rimmel's Glam Eyes Lash Flirt.

Here are some before and after shots of the results:


Sorry for the blurriness; I obviously don't have the best camera in the world.  But what a difference, right?! I think the effect is much like when I wear false lashes, without all the fuss.

So definitely get yourself a Brow & Lash Brush (they're only about $2!), and let the expirimenting begin!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved