red lipstick. It's glamorous, classic, and will never go out of style.
I know a lot of ladies are scared to try red lips. I've heard, "red lipstick just looks bad on me" a lot. But my theory is that when they've tried red in the past, it's been a shade that simply didn't compliment their skintone. Because I know for a fact that everyone can wear red lipstick.
Like most makeup, there can be a lot of trial and error while finding the perfect red. But once you find shades that work for you, it's fun to play around with different hues within your own red spectrum.
Cool skintones (your skin has pink or bluish-red undertones) often look best in blue-based reds or reds with hints of pink, fuchsia or rose.
Warm skintones (your skin has a yellow or olive undertone) should consider orange-ish (tomato-red), burgundy or bronze-inspired reds, which play up the golden or olive undertones of your skin and eye color.
Here's an idea of what I'm talking about:
Keep this in mind while shopping or testing out different reds. As long as you stay within the basic guidelines, there's room to experiment. And when you've got red lips, you can tone down the rest of your makeup! So it ends up being a time-saver. Win-win!
Currently, Sephora has a fab red lip set that's on sale for $30 (a $68 value). It contains a universally flattering red hue, a pink color, and a nude shade, so you can layer them to get your perfect look. Otherwise, red lipstick is everywhere. Take a look around and see what tickles your fancy!
Saturday, September 22, 2012
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ELF's New Fall Collection!
- The Look For Less: Flower Necklace
- Get Gorgeous Hair with Rusk's Leave -In Treatment
- A "Gilty Pleasure" for Your Nails
- Curations Scarf GIVEAWAY!
- Pee Like a Man!
- For Ladies Who Love Lipstick
- Do Red Lips the Right Way
- Face Faux Pas: Bagelheads
- The Most Ladylike Bag for Fall
- Need a Date? Adopt-a-Guy Has You Covered!
- 5 Beauty Myths Exposed
- Lancome Gift with Purchase at Bon-Ton!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Wearing Uggs in Warm Weather
- Say Yes to Healthy Hair!
- What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?
- The Perfect Shoes for Fall!
- Have a Fashion Question? Ask Me Anything on AllExp...
- How Much Would You Spend on a Dress to Look 10 Pou...
- Love Your Body--Victoria's Secret Style!
- A Gift With Purchase for Any Budget
- Celebrate Fashion's Night Out with a FREE Cupcake!...
- WooHoo! Sassy Fashionista's 1,000th Post!
- Find Your Perfect Eye Shadow Color
- Five Things You Can't Wear After This Weekend
- ▼ September (25)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)