Saturday, September 8, 2012
A fashion trend this fall that's got everyone going wild is the illusion dress. Basically, the dresses are cut and color-blocked in a way that makes you look a bit more slim.
Victoria Beckham, ever the fashionista, created the Cotton Twill-Trimmed Silk-Blend Dress and it does just that. The problem? It is ridiculously expensive. $1,950 is way more than anyone should spend on a dress, no matter how "amazing" it is. The thing the gets me the most is that the price of this dress is actually way more than a one-year gym membership! And I'm pretty sure that you can lose more than 10 lbs over the course of a year spent working out.
I do understand the idea of the dress. I get that it's cute and it certainly does create the illusion of having a tinier, more perfect, bod. The thing is, illusion dresses are all over the place right now. Even Charlotte Russe has a handful of them, like their Striped Illusion Dress. It's just as fabulous and costs a mere $20!
Even if you're not a fan of that particular dress, a quick search online brings up oodles of illusion dresses.
The lesson: either lose weight for real, or find a dress that's in your budget!
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ELF's New Fall Collection!
- The Look For Less: Flower Necklace
- Get Gorgeous Hair with Rusk's Leave -In Treatment
- A "Gilty Pleasure" for Your Nails
- Curations Scarf GIVEAWAY!
- Pee Like a Man!
- For Ladies Who Love Lipstick
- Do Red Lips the Right Way
- Face Faux Pas: Bagelheads
- The Most Ladylike Bag for Fall
- Need a Date? Adopt-a-Guy Has You Covered!
- 5 Beauty Myths Exposed
- Lancome Gift with Purchase at Bon-Ton!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Wearing Uggs in Warm Weather
- Say Yes to Healthy Hair!
- What Does Your Nail Polish Color Say About You?
- The Perfect Shoes for Fall!
- Have a Fashion Question? Ask Me Anything on AllExp...
- How Much Would You Spend on a Dress to Look 10 Pou...
- Love Your Body--Victoria's Secret Style!
- A Gift With Purchase for Any Budget
- Celebrate Fashion's Night Out with a FREE Cupcake!...
- WooHoo! Sassy Fashionista's 1,000th Post!
- Find Your Perfect Eye Shadow Color
- Five Things You Can't Wear After This Weekend
- ▼ September (25)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)