Herbal Essences always has great products for a gal on a budget. I haven't tried a product yet that I haven't liked. My latest obsession? Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray Gel.
First of all, it smells amazing. Kind of a violet-ish smell, but mostly it just smells fresh. The consistency of the product is great too. Just to give you an idea of my hair, it usually frizzes out a ton. In the summer, I tend to just leave it curly most of the time, as flat ironing it would be pointless due to frizziness. Without any product, I usually describe my hair as wavy-frizz-grossness. So it's a big deal when something works.
I followed my usual shower routine and followed it up by smoothing in some of my anti-frizz serum (I use a ton of it; BioSilk works best). I brushed out all my tangles--and believe me, there are always lots of them. Finally, I proceeded onto the spray gel.
I sprayed a thin layer all over my head, then went back through spraying more on the ends and scrunching as I went along. The result was great: non-frizzy waves with just enough hold and very little crunchiness that is oh so unappealing. I'd almost say it resembles "after-sex-hair" (sorry if that's offensive) because it causes hair to look a bit messy in a good way.
You can buy the gel at Target for $2.99.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- The Perfect Red Lipstick
- Blue Suede Shoes on SALE!
- Benefit Lipstick Sale!!!
- Green Beauty Tools
- Gorgeous Nail Polish Without the Wait
- This Balm is 'Da Bomb!
- Quickie Hair Fix
- Chic Cozy Cardigan
- Pretty Flats for Fall
- Little Black Bag
- Sephora's New Ultimate Blockbuster Kit
- Animal Print Satchel on the Cheap!
- Mini Beauty Basics
- Fashion Faux Pas: Beyonce at the VMAs
- Alarmingly Ugly Trend: Shoulder Pads
- LORAC Sale!!!
- My New Lip Love: Jouer
- Go Green!
- The Perfect Party Plum Polish
- Roll-up Flats
- What's In My Makeup Bag: September
- Clinique Winter '09 Collection: Black Tie Violet
- Anna Sheffield For Target
- Clinique GWP at Bloomingdales!
- New Layout!
- Smokey Eyes in Every Color
- Stamp on Your Lipstick
- The Perfect Black Peep-Toe Pumps
- NARS Fall 2009 Collection
- Lookin' Pretty Sans Water
- Final Weekend to BOGO!
- A Dress That Goes With Anything...For $8!
- Unauthorized Use of My Writing and Pictures
- Liquid Liner Without the Hassle
- Fashion Faux Pas: Overpriced Trash Bag Purse
- Butter LONDON On Sale!!
- Get Gorgeous Waves
- Tutorial: New Avon Fall 09 Collection
- An Ice Bag For Us Fashonistas!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Stick-On Eyeshadow
- Caught In The Act: Harem Pants
- Beauty.com Gift With Purchase!
- More Stila Sale Items!!
- Face Freshening Beauty
- ▼ September (44)
- ► 2008 (69)